At the risk of descending to unscientific generalizations, 90 percent of Texans give the other 10 percent a bad name.” – Attributed to John H. “Doc” Holliday
Not just survival but a good life, full of learning, full of love, Emilio thought, and took a step closer to the death he felt inside himself. He
Wide is the gate and broad is the path that leads to destruction and many go that way
I am damned if I will spend my time listenin’ to ungrammatical, repetitious, imbecilic nonsense without a challenge!
It’s not easy to be obedient if you suspect your superiors are asses.
I do not want to spend another minute of whatever I have left bein’ scared. I can’t carry the fear anymore. Not mine. Not yours. I have to lay that burden down.
Watching him with one eye, she wondered if men ever figured out that they were more appealing when they were pursuing their own work than when they were pursuing a woman.
…she was, after all, a practical woman and the daughter of an economist.
You know what? I really resent the idea that the only reason someone might be good or moral is because they’re religious. I do what I do,